Bonjour, darlings! It’s your favorite doll, Caroline talking! Today, Mom is going to show you how to do an adorable hairstyle on a doll with wavy/curly hair! The best part is, she made this up herself! Oh, and that I will be modeling for you guys! Saige was wearing this style in this post.
A bonus fact about this hairstyle is that your doll’s hair will look like Saige’s hair above once it’s dry when you take it out!
Mom was going to have Saige model, but one day she took my hair out and saw that it REALLY needed to get it’s luxurious wavy curl back. So sit back and enjoy Mom’s post! She will take it from here. Bye, darlings!
Hey guys, what’s up? Like Caroline said, I will be showing you guys a tutorial on how to make braided buns! As you can see, Caroline’s hair needs to be curled, but I decided to show you guys how to do this instead! Let’s get started 🤗
You Will Need:
So your doll doesn’t fall, you can put her between your legs, use a doll stand, or use a doll styling chair. Mine is from another 18 inch doll company, Journey Girls.
1. First, you spritz her hair down with water. Don’t make her hair soaking wet, but make it damp.
2. Next, brush it out. Start at the bottom and work your way up to the top.
When you finish, your doll’s hair should look something like this.
3. Take a section of hair from the side of your doll’s head. The size of the piece is up to you. If you want loose waves, grab a bigger section. If you want tighte curls, grab a smaller section. If you want them to be in the middle(like Saige’s curls in the beginning of this post), grab a piece about the same size as the one in the image above.
4. I like to tie off the hair I’m not using so it doesn’t get in the way. I recommend spritzing and brushing the section of hair up again.
5. Braid the section of hair.
Make sure to pull it tightly!
6. Secure the braid with a ponytail holder/an elastic/a rubber band.
7. Repeat steps 3-6.
Once you have finished braiding your doll's whole head, it will probably look something like this.
8. Carefully take out the ponytail holder of one of the braids.
9. Then, twist the braid to the right.
10. Twist it on the top of her head, like you would make a bun.
11. Finally, secure the braided bun with a bobby pin. Repeat steps 8-11 until you are finished with the whole head.
Viola! You have your braided buns! I hope you like them!
This post was so fun to make, I really enjoy doing this style.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to do the Braided Buns hairstyle! If you have any questions or comments, let me know down below, and don't forget to follow! Have an amazing day!